Bladder & Bowel Problems
Bladder & Bowel problems in children are concerning and frustrating for both parent & child.
Problems can include:
- Bedwetting past the age of 5/6
- Day time incontinence (day wetting)
- Toilet training problems
or a combination of any of these. Sometimes it is difficult to know where to seek help.
Children with these problems:
- Often have low confidence and self esteem
- Can be teased at school
- Often miss out on camps, sleepovers, etc, or spend their time at these feeling worried or anxious
Parents can feel frustrated, , unnecessarily guilty and have lots of extra work and expense.
Sometimes it is difficult to know when or where to seek help. Dry Kidz has been helping families overcome children’s continence issues for more than 15 years. Successful treatment programs usually result in a much more confident child with improved self esteem and a happier family.
Dry Kidz offers:
- Confidential assessment of your child’s problem
- Individualised management combining a number of treatment options (if appropriate) to best suit your child’s situation
- Guidance and support to both you and your child
- Liaison with your health care professional if appropriate
If your child has problems with wetting the bed, day time urine leakage (incontinence), difficulty toilet training and/or constipation then Dry Kidz can help.
Dry Kidz was established in 1998 by Terri Poulton. Terri is a Registered Nurse with post graduate qualifications in Continence and Urology Nursing.
She has been helping families overcome children’s continence issues for more than 20 years and established Dry Kidz 15 years ago. She works as a continence and urology nurse seeing both adults (men & women) and children in clinic and hospital environments.
Dry Kidz is her children’s practice, and Terri is the sole practitioner, so you can be assured that your child is always seen by a qualified health professional.